“Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.” –Samuel Ullman
Skin is the largest organ of the body and just the basic use of skincare products isn’t enough. While it is a direct yet huge way to deal with skin nourishment, that can be uniformly applied over the skin, it requires a more profound, and comprehensive way, which will permit your internal magnificence to radiate through. This involves eating fresh and seasonal foods, exercising, and leading a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
Your face holds more than 50 unique muscles and unlike the rest of the body, a ton of these facial muscles are rarely used. By doing customary facial activities, you promote the circulation of blood to the different areas of the face, thus replenishing the oxygen supply in the muscles and the skin.
Performing face thinning and conditioning yoga periodically will keep your face fit in the long haul. Moreover, standard facial muscle exercises improve the bloodstream and supply your skin cells with supplements with stimulation of skin cell recovery and counteract wrinkles. Using natural products on your skin can also be considered facial yoga.
What is Facial Yoga?
Facial exercises have held us in a great place since ancient times. The idea goes back to the old sacred texts of Ayurveda-delivering energy pathways to accomplish better wellbeing and an incredible feeling of prosperity to look brilliant.
Facial yoga does to your face; what yoga does to your body. It unwinds, tones, and alleviates the skin, at the same time resetting your facial muscles. The idea is to extend the 57 face and neck muscles to tone, firm, and boost circulation, for a youthful appearance.
How often should these facial yoga exercises be done?
If you want to see results quickly you should aim to perform your facial exercises 3-5 times a week for around 20 minutes each time.
Before getting started,
What benefits should you know about Facial Yoga?
- Strengthens the muscles in your face.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Releases any tension in the face and neck.
- Firms and tightens facial skin.
7 Different Facial yoga exercises to enhance your look
Kiss and Smile
- Push the lips out as much as you can, as though you are going to kiss and after that smile extensively. Perform this exercise about 15 times a day. This exercise deals with your cheeks and jaw at the same time.
- Benefit: When you utilize these muscles often and in a particular way, it can improve downward drift to a youthful jawline and flushed cheeks.
‘Om’ with a smile
- It may sound a little difficult, but here’s what you need to do. Chanting 'Om' calms the mind and loosens up the face muscles. This exercise is the easiest of all other facial yoga.
- Close your eyes and somewhat smile, while envisioning the point between your eyebrows, as an adjusting locale. As most people frown unconsciously, repeated grimaces of the same can form wrinkles.
- Benefit: This posture will help counterbalance those lines and give the skin a sparkle from the inside.
- Inhale through the mouth and widen the breath from up close- cheek to cheek, and then release
- Benefit: These brisk and simple movements will strengthen the cheek muscles and keep them from looking void. Do this activity consistently for lifted and stout cheeks.
- Place the pointer finger of both hands, over half-an-inch on the eyebrows. Try to lift the eyebrows upward, while squeezing them down with your fingers. Repeat this 10-12 times, a day.
- Benefit: Since our temple is the primary spot for the presence of wrinkles, you can condition those muscles, discharge strain, and lessen wrinkles by practicing this particular exercise.
- Look upwards and raise your eyebrows simultaneously. Then gently close your eyelids, while still looking up.
- Benefit: Since our eyelids tend to droop with age, this extending activity can help keep them firm.
- Suck in the insides of your cheeks, practically like making a fish face. Hold for a couple of moments, keeping your eyes all the way open.
- If your eyes begin to water, it implies the time for which you can hold this posture. At that point, you may blink and release the posture.
- Facial yoga is incomplete without yogic breathing exercises. Respiratory changes influence the skin and body, as well as our moods.
- For example, shallow breathing pales the complexion. In the present day and age, stress consistently upsets the regular breathing pattern, depleting Prana, the life-giving force.
- Benefit: To restore this balance, it is suggested to perform deep breathing exercises including stomach breathing and substitute nostril relaxing.
How effective is the facial exercise?
Much like some other actual exercises, the impacts of Facial Yoga can be seen on the skin if one determinedly performs them on an everyday basis. An added bit of flexibility is that you can enjoy these activities at anyplace and whenever.
In any case, in everything you do to think about the skin, make sure to cultivate inner beauty and true health, in practices that give you extreme delight. The effect of the facial yoga exercises can be highlighted with the use of any natural essential oil to calm you down while performing these exercises.
In one research, subjects who practiced facial yoga for 30 days for more than two months, then every other day for three months, reported an increased fullness in their cheeks, making them look almost three years younger and more youthful. “It’s a really great natural solution to regain your youthful appearance, and a great alternative to Botox and plastic surgery,” says Koko Hayashi, a facial yoga instructor at Skin Fit Gym in Los Angeles.
Thus, you will find that your face, and general demeanor, will show that feeling of satisfaction, with external brilliance. That’s the secret to true beauty.
Some Additional tips whilst performing facial yoga
- Performing facial exercises lying down is the most effective.
- Ensure your hands are clean before touching your face.
- Try to do your facial fitness routine at the same time every day so you don’t forget.
- Never pull or tug on the skin aggressively – this may accentuate wrinkles.
- Combine facial exercises with cardiovascular exercise to give your complexion the best possible boost.
“The muscles of the face are no different from the muscles of the rest of the body. If you don’t exercise the muscles below the neck, they become weak and flabby, and the same thing will happen to your face with age”, says Annelise Hagen, author of The Yoga Face: Eliminate Wrinkles with the Ultimate Natural Facelift. “Relaxing the facial muscles, especially where we hold tension - like the jaw, brow, and forehead - can counteract the wrinkle-causing grimacing we do on a daily basis”. Facial Yoga doesn’t eradicate lines, but it can change the downward drift.
Facial Yoga combined with regular use of organic products such as organic hair and body oils, body cleansers, will give your face and skin the glow that gives you an attractive, brightening glow.
These tips are very handy to put on your glam glow! Make sure to try out these facial yoga exercises regularly and see the best results.
Thanks for sharing this post.
Leave a comment